Our Policies and Certifications
Aerospace (AS9100 certificate) Recently we received out AS9100 Certification. While this clearly focuses on aerospace products, it will positively impact all of our customers by expanding our commitment to company-wide improvement and quality.
Environmental Policy(PDF): (ISO 14001: 2004 certificate) Harbec will endeavor to be a sustainable manufacturing company that uses eco-economic decisions and policies to insure that it meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Harbec will accomplish this by honoring the following:
- Include the consideration of environmental issues in all business strategies and initiatives.
- Senior management at Harbec is committed to ensuring that the protection of the environment is firmly embedded in the company culture.
- Encourage environmental protection among customers, suppliers, subcontractors and other stakeholders with consideration to life cycle impacts of their aspects and activities.
- Prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimize the consumption of resources.
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner and ensure continuous professional development.
Harbec is committed to continual improvement of overall environmental performance.
Harbec will actively seek opportunities that positively impact our effect on the environment, comply with legal and other requirements, while improving business performance.
Quality Policy: (ISO 9001:2015 certificate)
WE WILL STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE IN ALL WE DO in order to provide the highest quality products and services that meet our customers’ expectations and comply with requirements.
All employees have the responsibility to implement, maintain and continually improve the company’s quality management system and it’s effectiveness.
Yearly review of our Quality Management System and other technologies all us to continually seek opportunities for improvement.
- 25% reduction in energy intensity by 2020 (from 2009 baseline)
- Continuous Improvement
Management System Scope(PDF)
HARBEC, Inc. Conflict Minerals Policy
- HARBEC, Inc. (hereafter known as Harbec) realizes the importance of mining tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold with methods that do not include violence and human rights violations. In August of 2012, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission promulgated regulations implementing §1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection the Conflict Minerals Act (“Conflict Minerals Act”). This pertains to mining the above listed minerals from the eastern portion of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and surrounding countries. At this point, we do not knowingly procure any products from suppliers that include identified “conflict minerals” that originate from the “Conflict Region”. While not directly subject to the jurisdiction of this Act as a distributor and privately held corporation, HARBEC supports the aims and objectives of the Act on the supply of “conflict minerals” by working with our customers to assist in their compliance efforts. Due to the fact that we do not directly purchase the materials we must rely on our suppliers to provide us with evidence of their DRC- Conflict Free Status compliance before we can demonstrate our compliance. We are actively working toward compliance to these regulations by obtaining the necessary information from our suppliers. Our company will do due diligence to ensure our suppliers’ commit to their compliance with the above stated requirements either through demonstrating the product they manufacture or procure to the best of their knowledge does not contain “conflict minerals” and/or if the product does contain “conflict minerals” it was sourced only from mines and smelters outside the “Conflict Region” Please be assured that HARBEC will continue to work to comply with all applicable SEC regulations regarding “conflict minerals.”