Employer of Choice
- Our voluntary turnover rate is less than 3% (in other words, our employees choose to stay here and we’re grateful!)
- We consistently achieve accident free years. We are working on surpassing our current record of more than 500 days with no accidents
- 100% of our employees have health insurance
Nationally, among workers who have access to a medical plan:
- Only 67% of lower wage, full-time workers choose to enroll
- About 81% of higher wage, full-time workers choose to enroll
This disparity may be partly due to the fact that many lower wage workers opt-out of plans offered since the employees’ required contribution to the plan premium is considered too costly to the individual or the family budget.
At HARBEC, we decided to change that with a new way to pay for health insurance
With health care a cost climbing even higher, HARBEC has adopted a tiered system to make health insurance affordable to all employees. Salaries determine employees’ contribution to medical insurance costs.
- At HARBEC, how much an employee makes determines how much to contribute for health insurance.
- This is the reverse of the approach that most companies offer.
Nationwide, the average employee’s share of a family policy is approaching $6,000 a year and is most certainly going to keep on rising. For lower-salaried workers, those additional costs have only compounded their struggles in a brutal economy. At HARBEC, we’re here to help. This is just one more way HARBEC puts its employees FIRST.